Every company and Property Manager will promise the world to win your business but very few will follow through and deliver on what they promise.
Our Personal Guarantee
Rather than just telling you why we are the best Property Managers in the area we are confident enough to stand by our claim and prove it with our own personal guarantee in writing, signed by Gary J Smith and your Property Manager.
If our management service is ever less than excellent you can be assured it will cost us………….not you.
When managing your property we pride ourselves on providing consistently high levels of service, and to ensure we maintain that quality monitor our performance and regularly survey our Landlords to find out how they rate us – currently we are proud of our 95% satisfaction rating from landlords. How many other property managers know their ratings?
Put simply it is our aim to find the best tenants possible for your property.
Gary J Smith will not recommend or enter into a tenancy agreement with anyone who does not meet our stringent criteria of suitability. We will not compromise your investment, or our hard earned reputation, so will only provide you with the most suitable applicants whose references have been thoroughly checked.
Our checking process involves:
- 100 point identification check (similar to that used by major banks)
- Contacting former and current landlords and agents
- Verification of income and employment which we cross reference to bank statements, to check their capacity to pay rent
- Other reference calls including employers, business and personal
- Database screening and checking on two (2) National Databases
Once an application has been approved by you and documents drawn up we spend time with the tenants when signing the lease, educating them on our expectations to ensure they clearly understand what is required of them.
Marketing and Advertising
We understand that promoting your property effectively and professionally plays a key role in attracting good quality tenants.
We undertake an extensive marketing plan that involves the following:
- Promotion of your property to our regularly maintained Tenant Register – a list of prospective quality tenants that can pre-register for upcoming properties
- Printed ‘For Rent’ brochures showcasing properties available with photos and description, available at each Gary J Smith office
- Exposure for your property on numerous proven websites – com.au, domain.com.au, rent.com.au, homehound.com.au, homely.com.au and of course on our own website www.garyjsmith.com.au – this makes your property available to view 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Colour brochure displayed in office window displays
- Inclusion in our weekly ‘Home’ magazine that lists properties for sale and rent
- Print media advertising – including The Advertiser and Messenger
- ‘For Rent’ signs where possible with your approval
Providing Consistently High Levels of Service in all aspects…
All our Property Managers adhere to an in-house Best Practice policy, some of these procedures included in this policy are as follows…
- ‘Zero Tolerance’ in rent arrears – a strict policy approach have adopted to ensure rent is paid on time. This involves immediate contact, phone call reminders, sms, emails and posted letters – note of late payment of rent is acknowledged on day 1
- Thorough Inspections – we undertake extensive ingoing inspections, taking up to 600 photos of your property. This detailed inspection report, along with the routine inspections we regularly undertake throughout the tenancy, help to maintain and keep a standard, as well as assess the condition of the property correctly at the end of the tenancy
- Rent Payments and Reporting – it’s your money and you should receive it as quickly as possible. We pay twice monthly into your nominated account and can arrange payment of all your accounts on your behalf, providing you with copies and detailed income and expense reports at the end of the month and financial year
Property Management involves more than simply collecting the rent, we believe that PROPER Management involves developing and nurturing mutual trust and respect, and safeguarding your financial investment. For more information about Gary J Smith rental services and to discuss the management of your property please don’t hesitate to contact our offices.